Richard Morton Will. Richard Morton 1721–1815 BIRTH 1721 • Henrico, Virginia, United States DEATH 27 FEB 1815 • Prince Edward, Virginia, United States 6th great-grandfather

Richard MORTON Will In the name of God amen, I Richard MORTON of Clarke County being in health and well in my senses blessed be God, make and constitute this my Last Will and Testament as followeth in the first place it is my will that my Executors pay all my just and lawfull debts and if it should be found necessary that any part of my estate should be sold for that purpose it is my will and desire that they sell such part thereof as they in their discretion shall think can be best shared so as to keep the principle together as much as possible. Secondly it is my will that my son Samuel MORTON should remain in full possession of one hundred acres of land on which he now lives during his life and after his decease to be equally divided between his two sons Archibald and Richard MORTON that now live on the said land lying on the braches of stoner in Clarke County to them and their heirs forever – Thirdly I give to my son Quin MORTON one Negro Man named Dick that he hath now in possession to him and his heirs forever likewise my estate furnish him with a horse or mare to the value of Twenty five pounds Fourthly I gave to my son John MORTON one hundred and twenty five acres of land after his mothers decease and not before lying on the waters of Fouetts and Boone Creeks in Clarke County including the plantation on which the said John and myself now lives and joining HICKMANs line I likewise give my said son John one Negro man named Lewis to him and his heirs forever. Fifthly I gave to my son David MORTON the remaining part of the tract of land I bought of HARRISON be there eighty acres more or less likewise I give to my son David one Negro man named Isaac and one Negroe man named Isom to him and his heirs forever – Sixthly I give to my son Jonathan MORTON one Negroe man named Sawney to him and his heirs forever as he hath had his portion in land Seventhly I lend to my daughter Sarah TANNER one Negro woman named Milley and all her children during her life and after her decease to be equally divided amongst her children to them and their heirs forever Eighthly I give to my daughter Susanna Tinsley one hundred and twenty five acres of land at her mothers decease and not before being part of the tract I now live on and ________ land her one Negroe woman named Cloe and all her children during the said Susanna’s life and after said Susanna decease to be equally divided amongst her children to them and their heirs forever Ninthly it is my will and desire that my dear and well beloved wife, Judith, should have all the remaining part of my Estate both real and personal to dispose of amongst my children but to no other person or persons as she shall think proper that is to say five Negroes named Will, Patty, Letty, Smaker and Sally all household furniture horses cattle sheep hogs and plantation essentials and all the before mentioned parts of my estate give and bequeath to my wife and children as they are mentioned to them and each of them and their heirs forever it is my will that my Estate be not appraised and I do hereby appoint my well beloved wife the sole Executer of this my Will and testament and she be not obliged to give security for the same – sign sealed and acknowledged in presents of us this fourth day December eighteen hundred and four Richard MORTON James Jenkins William Canaday Graham Hazebrigg At a court held for Clark County February 27th 1815 This last will and testament of Richard MORTON, dec’d was proven in court by the oath of James Jenkins a witness thereto subscribes as in part and ordered to be certified TESTE James P. BULLOCK CCC Clarke County Feby Court 1815 On the motion of John MORTON leave is granted him to take the deposition of Graham Hazelbrigg inform to prove the last will and testament of Richard MORTON dec’d and that the Clark _________ will to said John MORTON when called for the purpose aforesaid TESTE James P BULLOCK CCC Shelby County ___ Pursuant to an order from the Honorable County Court of Clarke County this day Graham HAZELBRIGG one of the subscribing witnesses to the within will this day personally appeared before me Peter Tichener one of the Commonwealth Justices of the peace in and for the County of Shelby and made oath that he was present when the within will was executed and that the testator Richard MORTON signed and acknowledged the within will in his presents to be his last will and testament and requested him the said Hazelbrigg to witness the same given under my hand and seal as Justice of the Peace this 22 day of August 1815 Peter Tichener JPOC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Carter Center - Carter Center Weekend 2021 Digital Event

Alfonso VIII of Castile, My 24th great-grandfather, DEATH 5 OCTOBER 1214 • Burgos, Burgos, Castilla-Leon, Spain 24th great-grandfather